The Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a foodstuff which has been around for a very long time and this simple product has some amazing benefits for your health. For hundreds years it has been used both as a food and a medicine, as an energizing tonic and a healing elixir.
Apple cider vinegar is a completely natural product, resulting from the fermentation of apple juice to hard apple cider followed by a second fermentation to apple cider vinegar.As a result it retains all the nutritional goodness of the apples from which it was made plus it is fortified with the acids and enzymes produced during the two fermentation steps.It’s the sum of all these ingredients that give apple cider vinegar its amazing health benefits.
Some of its amazing properties include:
It is great for detoxifying the body and especially helpful to the liver and kidneys
- Its cleansing and purifying properties help to neutralize any toxic substances which you may ingest via food.
- Its ability to purify substances also helps in the breakdown of fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits in the body.
- Apple cider vinegar is very alkalising and therefore helps to maintain the body’s optimum acid/alkaline balance.
- It helps soothe swollen joints in Arthritis due to its ability to dissolve acid crystals which build up. (If you suffer from arthritis, aches and pains, drink apple cider vinegar several times a day).
- It promotes and supports digestion, assimilation and elimination.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to slow down the hardening of the blood vessels and plays a role in preventing high blood pressure.
- It contains a wide range of minerals and trace elements,(e.g. phosphorus, potassium sodium, magnesium, calcium, sulphur, iron, silicon)
How to take it:
- Start your day with a glass of hot water with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. If you need a sweetener, add a half teaspoon of organic honey. Drink it 15 minutes before meals to help digestion.
- Add apple cider vinegar to salad dressings.
- Add a capful of apple cider vinegar to soups and stews to add depth of flavour.
Always use the best quality. Make sure you use natural organic apple cider vinegar.